Friday, October 3, 2008

Budweiser American Ale


When Jimmy suggested that I try a Bud American Ale, first thought that popped into my head was "Bud?", what is Jimmy crazy! Most people I know tell me I am a beer snob because I do not like, Bud Miller or Coors. I always say I prefer beer with some semblance of taste. Bud's American Ale was a pleasant surprise, compared to a regular Bud.
First and foremost I was glad to see that it is an all malt ale, no corn or rice. The American Ale has a great copper color and nice head that lingers. There is a nice sweet malty taste with a hint of hops as well as good aroma of, I am guessing, Cascade Hops. One complaint, though, I do feel it is a bit too carbonated, little less would help balance overall.
If you've read my other posts, you know I am a very big fan of Pale Ales, there does appear to be a bit of a distinction with Americans. Pales are still my favorite, but this one is not bad, especially for a Bud. Give it a try, if you like Pales, it is a bit different, but not bad

No comments: