Thursday, November 6, 2008

Redhook Double Black Stout

I must admit I have been hesitant at time to try Redhook beers, I think it has to do with their association with Bud, but that's just me.

I received the "Beer Update" from Jimmy today and when I saw a Double Black stout, I had to try it, regardless of who it is from. I am happy to report that Redhook did an excellent job with this limited release. Last available in 2000, this stout will not disappoint. When pouring, the first thing you notice is the deep black color and tan head. Mouth feel is what I expect from a stout like this, nice and thick. For me nothing worse than a watery feel to a stout. Flavor wise, great roasted barley flavors and nice aroma of coffee. Well balanced from beginning to end. All I can say is get it while you can!

No comments: